You won't believe you are in Kansas! Approximately 63 miles from Wichita, the course loop is approximately 9 miles long with over 1000 feet of climbing and 90% single track. The remaining 10% is primitive double track.
Horizon is technical but has some beginner and moderate trails as well. There are flat and fast open throttle sections as well as wooded trails and rocky, technical track. Rolling roller coaster like descents intermingle with short ascents, drops and whoop-de-doos. The energy sucking climb towards the end of each lap will slow even the strongest rider. After a few laps you'd swear you were on an EPIC!
Bottom line, you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face.
To view current trail conditions, click here You will be directed to Singletracks.com where you will need to create a free account.
Directions (or you can Google Map: 30811 Horizon Drive, Arkansas City)
From Kellogg and Rock
1. East on Kellogg to the Kansas Turnpike. Take the south route towards OK City
2. Take US-166 EXIT 4- toward ARKANSAS CITY/SOUTH HAVEN. (46 Miles)
3. Follow signs for US-166 East after leaving Turnpike
4. Drive Straight through Arkansas City (18 miles). Continue out of town on 292nd Rd
5. Keep right onto County road 6 after 2 miles.
6. Turn right on Horizon Drive after 2.5 miles. Continue south for one mile and enter the camp.
7. Trail head is on your left.
For additional information call the Horizon United Methodist Center (Camp Horizon): 800-486-4425.
* Web: www.horizoncenter.org
Updated Feb 2015, by Aaron ([email protected])