You are here
The Kansas Singletrack Society (KSS) was formed in 2003 for the purpose of bringing together the mountain bike community in South Central Kansas to further our common goals. Some of those goals are:
• to coordinate the maintenance and development of trails in our area
• to educate mountain bikers and trail users in responsible and environmentally sound use of trails
• to educate the public about the availability of trails and promote mountain bike riding through group rides and trips, new rider workshops and training courses
• to provide enjoyable mountain bicycling experiences and social events for the mountain bicycling community, and at the same time using these events as an opportunity to educate and encourage riders
• to participate in these same activities on a regional and national scope by affiliating and partnering with like mind organizations such as the Kansas Trails Council and the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA).
Since KSS has been organized, members have spent many hours in maintaining and building mountain bike trails. New singletrack has been added at Fall River, Camp Horizon , Southwestern College, and at Miller’s Meadows. Adding additional trails in the Wichita area is a top priority of KSS.
For more information, please feel free to print out our brochure!
How to Join Kansas Singletrack Society
If you would like to be a part of making mountain biking better in this part of the state, please consider joining us as we promote our sport. This can be done in many ways. First, you can fill out the application online and pay your annual dues through Paypal on this site; you can print this application and mail it to Lonnie (the treasurer); or you can visit many of the local bike shops in Wichita and request this application.
If you purchase a mountain bike over $500 at many Wichita bike shops, this will also will come with a free 1 year membership to KSS!